>> Wednesday, November 2, 2016
As avid fans of Mucho Burrito, we were thrilled to discover just how easy it is to duplicate their burrito wrap bowls right at home. You can fill them high with anything - the options are endless - here's a scrumptious suggestion for a kale and salmon combo, packed with nutrients and sure to please!
- 200g (8oz) salmon fillet
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (we love Dempster's!)
- 4 cups (or big handful) of kale, chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- pepper and salt to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Spray two medium oven safe bowls with cooking spray. Lightly spray both sides of two tortillas, and fit them gently inside each bowl.
3. Place these tortillas in the bowl, inside the oven, and bake for 10 minutes until a little crispy.
4. Place the salmon fillet on a baking tray covered in foil, and bake until cooked through and easily flaked with a fork. (usually around 20 minutes, varies by thickness of filet)
5. Repeat steps 2-3 with the second two tortillas while the salmon is finishing baking.
6. Place the chopped kale on a baking tray lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray. Put in the oven for 5 minutes. (this softens the kale and makes it easy to chew!)
7. Place tomatoes and green onion in a small bowl. Add the lime juice, chili powder, and mix together. Add pepper and salt to taste.
8. Distribute the kale evenly in each tortilla bowl. Flake salmon on top. Spoon tomato onion mixture on top.
Add a dollop of low fat sour cream on the side!
Makes 4 servings.
PER SERVING: (not including sour cream)
Follow me on twitter! @drsuepedersen
www.drsue.ca © 2016