>> Monday, October 10, 2016
Brrr....!!! In our part of Canada at least, winter has come early, with the first snowfall already upon us! I found this wonderful soup recipe that will help keep us warm through the cold months - but I amped up the spices, switched up the beans, and added kale for something a little different (and also to use the last of this season's kale from my mom's garden!).
- 1 20-oz (540 mL) can of mixed beans, drained and rinsed (pure lentils would be awesome too)
- 1 28-oz (796 mL) can of low sodium tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pepper to taste
1. Put all ingredients except the kale into a large soup pot.
2. Heat soup to boiling; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Stir kale into soup and simmer another 5 minutes.
4. Season to taste with pepper!
Makes 6 servings. Per serving:
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!
Follow me on twitter! @drsuepedersen
www.drsue.ca © 2016