>> Monday, April 15, 2013
I'm really getting into the kale phenomenon - it's tasty! Here's a super easy kale salad recipe - thanks to Pamela Salzman for the inspiration - I toned the recipe down in terms of calories by cutting out some oil. Many salad recipes out there have way more oil than actually needs to be included.
- 6 cups of kale, cut into strips (see below) - about 2 bunches
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- A few twists of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Strip the leaves from the tough stem, and throw away the stem. Cut the kale into strips, and add the shredded cabbage.
Mix remaining ingredients together, and pour over the vegggies. Toss and serve!
Makes 6 servings.
PER SERVING: (approximate)
Dr Sue Pedersen www.drsue.ca © 2013
Follow me on Twitter for daily tips! @drsuepedersen